Friday, March 9, 2012

Nigeria...

Ah, where do I start. Nigeria, my country...

So much has happened since my last post as you can imagine. This place is beyond interesting. One of my tweets today was "Living in Nigeria is for the strong-minded #nigeria #lagos" and I meant every word of it. There is no place like home they say but sometimes...nah, lemme not go there. Lol.

So, where do I start? Traffic. Traffic in Lagos "no get part two" as they say. Well, it's improved tremendously in recent times with the construction happening on various roads. I have to say the effect traffic can have on you is quite incredible. You find that you are perpetually tired. Most people find stuff to do after work to wait out traffic but that gets old after a while and sometimes you just want to go home and chill. Most times when I've done that, that is, go straight home after work, I regret it! Cos I'm more tired than I would have been had I just waited out the traffic. So, it is very important to find balance here.

People ask me how I'm enjoying Nigeria and I usually say it depends on what day you ask me. Some days I HATE it and want to run away! Other days, I'm ok with it. And other days, I'm loving it.

I am a changed woman. Nigeria WILL change you!

Hey, follow me on twitter @aderonkehiica

This was a quick one, gotta gather my thoughts and blog some more cos there's so much to say.

No comments: