Thursday, June 4, 2009

Price Tags and Pricing

Ok, so, I love the fact that when I go to a store and I see a price tag of N500, that's exactly what I pay! Lol. Not like in Chicago where you think it's 9.99 (I love how they use the .99 to lure you. Lol. Although a grocery store here does that too!) and then you get to the counter and the price goes up cos of tax. Some stores say that VAT is included. I just like that feeling jare so I know exactly how much I'm paying.

Man, when I first starting taking cabs here it was quite hilarious in hindsight. I could not price o! (i.e. I couldn't negotiate/haggle the price well). They would say N2,000 and I'd be like N1,800. Lol. Well, I guess it was partly cos I didn't know what a good price was to pay for the distance. I tell you though, in these parts, you learn fast o! Now, They say N2,000, and I'd say like N1,000 or even N800!! LOL! JJC no more!

2 comments:

Mrs U said...

lol u dis girl, even i know that - come on !! JJC - you always start at 70% of the offer , so if they say 100 , you start at 30 then probably pay 30-60 afterwards. You need to do ur research too , cos right now they prolly know u're from 'Obodo oyinbo' :) hehe

Aderonke Adebanjo said...

LOL!